dr. david
I live five miles east of Akron with my soul mate Dr. Cindie on a small plot of land that we call "Green Acres" after the old TV show starring Eddie Arnold and Zsa Zsa Gabor. Very appropriate since Cindie and I grew up in Los Angeles and are city folk with no idea of what we are doing when it comes to living on a farm. We must amuse our neighbors, but they certainly have helped us a lot to learn the ropes of living the country life.Cindie and I met in medical school in California as we trained to be physicians. We have both specialized in Family Medicine and practice together as partners at the Akron Mercy Medical Clinic in Akron. We are members of Big Springs Baptist Church out in the middle of the country in South Dakota. That church has been there 135 years.
This will be my fourth trip to the Peruvian Amazon and the fifth team that I have taken down. Before that, I also went on a short-term medical mission with my daughter to Ecuador and on one with my son to Venezuela. So, I have been to South America five times.
I want to go to Peru to experience the joy and satisfaction of introducing others to the fact that they can do something with their faith and with their life that they never thought was possible. I want to see people's lives transformed. I want to see the hand of God at work.
I hope we see new believers come to Christ because of our ministry during the week we are in Peru. I hope the weather cooperates so that it is not too hot or not too wet and so that we can actually get into the villages that we want to.
Something about me that people probably already know is that I love to tell stories and take pictures and make videos, so I have an artistic creative side to me. What goes hand-in-hand with that is that I am also an emotional empathetic kind of guy.
Something about me that most people likely do not know is that when I was in High School I took flying lessons and got a Private Pilot License. I occasionally flew airplanes in college for fun when I had some extra cash, until I ran out of money about halfway through my freshman year. I have not flown an airplane since.
I am just delighted to see team members putting up posts and pictures and introducing themselves. Thanks. Keep them coming everyone else.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home